Climate change is a bleak reality — this century has seen the hottest temperatures in recorded history, escalating to new highs in the past three years. Waste production and carbon dioxide emissions have dramatically increased while natural resources have steadily depleted. As we face the ramifications of these constraints, professionals must prepare for a future in which environmental sustainability will be at the core of business.
In this one-year certificate program, industry professionals will master the concepts and skills to make environmentally sound business decisions. Participants will be proactive in managing environmental risk, be able to identify and capture sustainability-related opportunities, and effectively reduce the environmental impact of their organizations.
This multidisciplinary program encompasses a broad range of issues in sustainability, including climate change, the circular economy, and clean tech. A comprehensive understanding of sustainable decision-making will allow participants and organizations to go beyond business as usual and strengthen the bottom line.
Subjects and questions explored:
- How can sustainability programs create value?
- What are the risks and opportunities that come with climate change?
- How can I help develop climate-resilient operations for my organization?
- How can I use the sustainability concept and latest tools and innovations to grow my business?
- How do I evaluate my organization’s current status of sustainability?
- How do I develop sustainability measures and introduce them effectively to my organization?
- How can I develop and manage a sustainable supply chain?
This certificate program was developed for executives with demanding schedules. Each session was designed to be short (up to two full days) and intensive, filled with lectures, discussions and interactive activities. Led by the world-class faculty of the College of Natural Resources at the University of California at Berkeley and industry and agency leaders, participants will develop the skillset to channel knowledge into real-world solutions for sustainable challenges.